PM Nazif Restructures NTRA Board
Prime Minister Dr. Ahmed Nazif issued a decree restructuring the National Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (NTRA) board. The board is renewed every two years.
The members of the new NTRA board, chaired by Dr. Tarek Kamel, Minister of Communications and Information Technology, are:
• Dr. Amr Badawi, NTRA Executive Chairman
• Counselor Wael Shalaby, representing the State Council
• Dr. Manal Abdel-Razik, representing Ministry of Finance
• Mr. Ahmed Mahmoud Anis, representing Egyptian Radio and Television Union (ERTU)
• And five more members from sovereign entities.
In addition, the board involves the following three experienced members:
• Dr. Mamdouh Al-Beltagi, former Minister of Information
• Counselor Mahmoud Abul Lail, former Minister of Justice
• Dr. Samiha Fawzy, First Deputy to Minister of Trade
The board also comprises the following three public figures, who are ICT experts, representing users:
• Dr. Sami Saad Zaghloul, Secretary General of the Cabinet
• Dr. Osman Lotfi, a Professor at Faculty of Engineering, Cairo University
• Dr. Ahmed El-Sherbini, Deputy Minister of Communications and Information Technology for International Cooperation and Director of National Telecommunication Institute (NTI)
The change in the board is limited, including some representatives of sovereign entities. The new board will hold its first meeting beginning of May to review some indicators pertaining to the development of telecom services.